Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Cross Property Ads are not Tracking properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have different products say A,B,C and D. I have 4 different properties in analytics one for each product one in Google Analytics.

So the problem is, If I click an Ad of product A and come to web page, (mycompany.com/A). Now i navigate to B say Mycompany/B and download the product, The source/medium for the event of B shows direct/none in the Property B, instead of google / cpc. I found this issue since april 2014, which coincides with our migration to tagmanager . Note that I have linked all the Adwords account to all the properties in the Google Analytics. Is there any solutions or work around?

Regards,

Bharani

Re: Cross Property Ads are not Tracking properly

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi
to clarify are you saying that you have set up 4 different properties for:
mycompany.com/A
mycompany.com/B
mycompany.com/C
mycompany.com.D
So that is one website domain name with four different folders (A,B,C,D) and you have made a Property for each folder on the one site?
If that is the case then you should have one property for the one site.
When you have one property for the whole site then I click an AdWords ad and land on /A I will be seen as google/cpc
Then if I "navigate": internally through the site navigation to /B and convert a goal then that goal should be seen in GA as attributed to google/cpc

If I have not understood your situation please clarify.

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
I maintain seperate property for each products in Adwords and Analytics. So, if you click an ad of product A that belongs to the capaign of A and navigatae internally to B and complete the goal in B, the source medium is shown as (direct)/(none) instead of Google / CPC

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi
Please clarify:
Are they all different sites with different 'root domain URLs'
Or are they folders in the 'same root domain URL' (as per list in post above)

thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
They all have the Same Root domain URL.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If they are all on one root domain then why don't you have a single Google Analytics property for that domain?
everything hanging off it is just a folder - folders don't need their own GA property

back to this example
mycompany.com/A
mycompany.com/B
mycompany.com/C
mycompany.com.D
- so you have this setup - one root doain with lots of folders - you only need one GA property - ie. same UA- code pasted onall of those pages in all of those folders.
that way when you click around the site you are feeding info to one GA property so all internal traffic
if you have different GA accounts and so a different UA for each folder/site section then you will not be seen as google/cpc as you entered that GA property not from google/cpc but from the other GA property.

Is that it or am I still missing something?

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,
I get your point. But this has worked for me until April 2014. This stopped working as soon as i migrated to tagmanager. Am i missing something?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,
Since each product contains different products, and for our ease of use, we maintain different properties. Can we fix this issue in the existing setup?

Best,
Bharani