Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Connecting Old AdWords Account to New Analytics Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had an Analytics account connected to an AdWords account.  The Analytics account was accidentally deleted (don't ask).  Is it possible to connect the new Analytics account to the old AdWords account? 

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Connecting Old AdWords Account to New Analytics Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Maya :-)
You should be able to provided the person that does the linking has the necessary permissions in both Adwords and GA.
Only problem i can think that might occur (and im not sure if its an issue if the GA account was deleted), it may come up as the Adwords account already being linked to the now deleted account.
If that's the case and its not possible to recover the old GA account from the trash in order to unlink it first, you will need to log into the Adwords account and contact Adwords support to help with the unlinking before being able to do the new link up.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here