Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Clicks vs Sessions (Mobile)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Currently all pages/landing pages have the UA tracker implemented. The site has a main domain www.mysite.co.uk and a subdomain for mobile using the m.mysite.co.uk. When I look at the page reports the sessions and other metrics appears to be correct. Tag assistant confirms the UA tags are implemented correctly.

However when I view an Adwords report and add a secondary dimension of "device category", you can  see that all campaigns within the account have the expected clicks but the sessions are showing up as 1 or 0. For desktop and Tablet the sessions appear to show correctly.

The tags are setup using Tag Manager, but general page views for mobile work correctly. 

Any ideas?

Tag assistant confirms tags are working on the m.mysite.co.uk correctly.

Thanks

A

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

what landing page do you have in your ads? for mobile if separate.

If they land from AdWords to the desktop site with mobile, what happens?

If there's a redirect, does it preserve the gclid parameter?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Antii,

The landing pages are www.mysite.co.uk/polo for example, and when you click the link it does preserve the gclid parameters. The link has both auto and manual tags (Auto tagging will be disabled) and when you click the Ad there is a redirect to workout if you should be shown desktop or mobile site versions which do retain the parameters. 

In the report the destination URL for mobile displays as the following:

http://{ifnotmobile:www.}{ifmobile:m.}mysite.co.uk/home/index.jsp

The report will shows shows 34.4k clicks for desktop and 34.8k sessions.

Mobile shows as 23.2k clicks 14 sessions.

Thanks,

A