3.4K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

Clicks in AdWords don't show up as sessions in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

According to AdWords, we received 59 clicks on an advertisement that is directed to a specific landing page. However, looking at the page in Google Analytics shows almost no user activity (our only filter is blocking internal IP).

After going to our unfiltered view, I still only see 19 sessions.

I confirmed that our analytics is set up and working by hitting the page while looking at Real Time activity and seeing my pageview.

I double checked with our team that manages AdWords and confirmed that we're using the correct URL.

Do you have any ideas why there would be such a disconnect?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Todd R,

Looks like you checked out almost everything.  One big step would be to make sure that your analytics and adwords accounts are linked together.

Hope this helps!

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have 2 campaigns in Google Adwords and My Adwords connected with Google analytics with account. Problem is : When I open Google Analytics - traffic Sources - Adwords - Campaigns , I see two campaigns and Tell me please, how to remove Aswords campaign, from Google analytics account. Thank you very much.