Analytics
1.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Channels report only showing data from one Google AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

I have linked two of my Google AdWords accounts with a Google Analytics view, and when looking at the 'Channels' report in GA the paid search default channel grouping is collecting data from only one Adwords account instead of data from both Google AdWords accounts.

I have ensured that the both AdWords accounts are linked correctly, and they are.

Is there a reason this is occurring? Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Channels report only showing data from one Google AdWords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Can you check what campaigns you see in the AdWords report:
Acquisition - AdWords - Campaigns

Can you see campaigns only from one account?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

are both accounts serving search channel only or is one account search and the other GDN? If the paid search channel does not contain 2nd account data where is that data now - other, display?

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes - insert "Campaign" as secondary dimension (second column) in your channel report. So you can check if the missing campaigns may be there somewhere or not.

Christoph

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Antti,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have checked the AdWords report under Acquisition - AdWords - Campaigns and data from both accounts appear there. However, they do not appear in the channels report under Acquisition - All Traffic - Channels - Paid Search - Source. It shows sessions for only one account and not both. It is reporting the correct number everywhere else except under the channels report.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi,

only one thing comes to my mind based on your description:
The other AdWords traffic is manually tagged without it showing in the campaigns I would say the tagging/link itself does not work.

To check what is going on please go to [Acquisition - Campaigns - All Campaings] and click on the Campaign name that is not showing traffic in the Channels report.
Report should now show Source/Medium as primary dimension. What is the medium of your campaign?

I presume you might have gone through all the basic settings of your AdWods accounts and Analytics account regarding the AdWords link setup:
AdWords - Auto-Tagging is enabled
AdWords - No utm-parameters have not been used in Destination URLs (might be wrong term not using AdWords frequently... I mean the landing page URL)
Analytics - Both AdWords accounts are linked
Analytics - In Property settings under Advanced section is manual tagging allowed or not

Hope this gets us close to solution Smiley Happy
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.