Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Can I switch an Analytics audience to a different AdWords account without losing data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I asked this on the AdWords group but didn't get any response so maybe I was asking in the wrong place...

I'm relatively new to AdWords but I've been asked to setup a remarketing list in my AdWords account (i.e. let's call it account "B") using an audience created in another Analytics account (i.e. let's call this one account "A" since he started it). Account "A" created an audience in Analytics but attached it to his AdWords account.I need to share his audience with my AdWords account (B).

He did share his account with me so I can see his Analytics (account A). I can also edit his audience but when I edit the "audience destinations" it says "This audience is already published to all eligible destinations.". His account is listed below this message with a "close" link to the right of it.

If I create a new list or a copy of his list, I can select my account (B) but it doesn't look like I can change his audience to share the already collected data with my account. When I created a new list using the 'share' button it started collecting data as a new list rather than copying the existing data forward.

If I click the "close" link on his audience will that just stop collecting data? It won't delete the data too, will it?

If I click the "close" link on his audience what's the chance that I will be able to connect the list to my AdWords account without losing data?

Can I switch an Analytics audience to a different AdWords account without losing data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I now understand the answer is 'no'. Once the audience is assigned an AdWords account the data is sent to that account as it is processed. The data cannot be sent to a different AdWords account if it was setup wrong.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I now understand the answer is 'no'. Once the audience is assigned an AdWords account the data is sent to that account as it is processed. The data cannot be sent to a different AdWords account if it was setup wrong.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In this case, have your email address(used for Adwords account B) linked to Analytics account to which you need to import data.
1. Then Go to Admin>> Click on AdWords Linking>> Click on +New Link Group

2. Here you will see your AdWords Account B (as the email address used to create this AdWords account is having permission in analytics), Select it>> Click Continue.

3. Give Link Group a Title>> Turn On All the Views.

4. Click on Link Accounts.

Once the Adwords account is linked to Analytics account. 

1. You can go to Admin>> Audience Definations>> Audiences.

2. There Click on the Audience that you want to Push.

3. There you will see Audience Source, Audience Definition & Audience Destinations. Here "Click on Edit Next to Audience Destinations".

4. Now here you will be able to see your Adwords Account B. Select it and Click on Publish.

The data will be pushed to your AdWords Account B.

Note: Clicking on 'Close' next to audience will only delete that audience. As it has loop back window of 90 days after creating that audience you will get that data back.