Analytics
1.6K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Bounce Rate at 100% despite successful conversions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am posting this question to see if anyone else has seen this happen, or can explain why this may have happened.

I just started working with this client a little over a week ago to improve Adwords conversions and reduce bounce rate for PPC ads, among other things. I just did a breakdown of clicks by time of day and saw something that I can't make sense of. As you will see in the image below, the "New - Brand" Campaign got 2 Sessions for the hour, and 100% Bounce Rate. However, if you look at the transaction column you will see that of these 2 Sessions, there was actually 1 Transaction, for a 50% Ecomm Conversion Rate. To complete a transaction, it takes 3 or more page views (Landing>Cart>Checkout).

So, if I had 1 Transaction and a 50% Conversion Rate, why do I also have a 100% Bounce Rate? Does anyone understand how this happened?

AdWords Hour of Day   Analytics.png

Bounce Rate at 100% despite successful conversions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you should check your tracking code twice in all pages.Is it set up correctly?