Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Autotagging Google Adwords / Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a problem with the tracking of visitors in Google Analytics from Adwords. I have checked if everything correctly has been set. By testing autotagging with the code: ?gclid=TeSter-123 and when I load our website the code goes away. So there seems to be something wrong with loading this code. 

At the moment Google Analytics only tracks (under tab Adwords) the visitors (acquisitie) but not the behavoir and the conversion. 

Does someone know how I can resolve this problem?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Autotagging Google Adwords / Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello :-)

what happens to the urls when you append other parameters to the urls
eg ?utm_source=testingga&utm_mediumtestingga&utm_campaign=testingga
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This URL stands still.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

If the gclid parameter disappears, it might be caused by a redirect. Or it could be that your server doesn't "accept" this parameter.

In your logo/image I saw your URL and I have just tested it on the homepage. The gclid parameter is preserved when I load your site's homepage.

Best,
Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is correct that the gclid parameter is being preserved at the homepage but not on the product pages.

How can I test if the problem is a redirect of the server doesn't accept this parameter?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

If you are not familiar with redirects I recommend to ask your tech person (developer) to check it for you.

I have just tested it on one of your product pages and it still looks fine to me (gclid parameter remains).

Here is what I suggest:
1) Make sure that you link (destination URL AdWords) to the product page (exact URLs that are in your website structure; so there can't be any redirect on your site).
2) If the gclid parameter disappears ask your tech person to make sure that the gclid parameter is preserved on all of your web pages.

I think with the help of a tech person (in your company) or an agency you work with you have to be able to solve this issue. I have seen it happening before.

Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answers. We have solved it by set autotagging off. Now the visitors are being stated.