Analytics
4.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics remarketing lists not shown in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

Client of mine recently shared his GAnalytics account with me. I belive he gave me the admin rights as I was able to create remarketing audiences and linked account with my Adwords account. Everything seems fine unless I cant see the remarketing audiences in my Adwords account, so I cant use them to make Ads.

The connection between accounts seems fine, I have enabled remarketing in the Analytics, but the audiences (I created 4 with hundreds of people in them now) just arent there.

Where could be a problem? Thanks for any ideas.

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter V
May 2016

Re: Analytics remarketing lists not shown in Adwords

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Peter,

Few checks:

- do you see the Audience list populating in Analytics? ('Display audience size' & 'Search audience size' - are they populating over the time?). If, yes, there's some issue with GA-AW integration. Else, the issues lies with GA Remarketing implementation

- Under property settings > Audience Definition > Audience > Link Configuration > Destination account > you sure you selected correct AW account id?

- under AW > Share Library > Audiences > do you see GA list synced or not?

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove two screenshots that included private information such as an email address, an account ID, or similar 
Please feel free to re-post the screenshot after having removed or entirely obscured any and all information that has the potential to put your accounts and/or your privacy at risk, when published in a public forum. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter V
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Peter,

Few checks:

- do you see the Audience list populating in Analytics? ('Display audience size' & 'Search audience size' - are they populating over the time?). If, yes, there's some issue with GA-AW integration. Else, the issues lies with GA Remarketing implementation

- Under property settings > Audience Definition > Audience > Link Configuration > Destination account > you sure you selected correct AW account id?

- under AW > Share Library > Audiences > do you see GA list synced or not?

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove two screenshots that included private information such as an email address, an account ID, or similar 
Please feel free to re-post the screenshot after having removed or entirely obscured any and all information that has the potential to put your accounts and/or your privacy at risk, when published in a public forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Vibhor,

Thanks to you I started to see what could be the problem. My client had a different Adwords account linked to Analytics, I added mine, so now there are 2 linked Adwords accounts.

But when I look at the remarketing list (like you shown me on 2nd screenshot), I see the other (not mine) Adwords number. The question is now, how can I change it to my Adwords number (I have the dropdown selector grey/unclickable as you in the screenshot).

Should I delete the connection with the first (not mine) Adwords account completely? I would not like to lost the past Adwords data.

Thanks for help
Peter

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
true... it's un-editable field.
you can create new Audience list, and choose whatever Destination AW account for this new list.

no need to delete original previous AW linking (in which case data will continue flow from both AW accounts to GA, & GA Audience list will be sync to both AW account). However, if you're sure they are not using the other AW account, in that case yes its safe to delete.