Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Adwords conversions not matching Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Google Adwords conversion data is not matching with GA. I'm using GTM tag to trigger Conversion pixel.

My Current landing page is: abc.com

Conversion page is: booking.abc.com/Thankyou.aspx

Can any one please help.

Thanks

SG

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Sourav G,

There are multiple reasons why conversion in GA will not match the number of conversions recorded by Adwords. The most common is the simple explanation that Adwords record conversions based on the time of the click, while Analytics will record conversions based on the time of the conversion. Since the two systems use different methods, the numbers are basically not supposed to match.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Phillip.

Thanks for the quick revert. However, for me the difference is huge.

Adwords showing 75 conversion & GA showing only 1 in source / Medium.

Thanks

SG

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, that sounds like a bigger difference than what should be expected.

First, you need to confirm and be absolutely certain that you're tracking the same page or event in both systems. I.e. if you're using a Destination Goal on a confirmation page in Analytics, then the Adwords Conversion snippet should also only be placed on the same confirmation page.

Next, make sure to read this help article: https://support.google.com/ds/answer/2791195?hl=en

There might be issues caused by different time zone setting in Adwords<>Analytics, attribution, unique conversions (Adwords will often count all conversions during a session, while Analytics will only count it once), and more.