Analytics
1.6K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Adwords clicks and Google Analytics sessions not match

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have linked Adwords to Analytics. 2 of our campaigns have a lot of clicks, but Analytics doesn't measure any sessions. But with the other 2 campaigns there is no problem, as you can see on this screenshot.

Could anybody tell us how we can fix this?

sessions

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

there is always a disconnect between adwords clicks and analytics sessions.

My best guess is that your landing page(s) for the two faulty campaigns have a redirection issue that prevents the gclid URL parameter to be present on the actual landing page.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We know there is a difference, such as the difference between 301 & 359. But a difference between 456 & 4 is too much.

The problem accured when the website went from http:// to https://. We checked the destination URL's in Adwords, they are all good.

The campaigns that are tracked with sessions all go to the homepage, the othet campaigns to certain landingpages.

Re: Adwords clicks and Google Analytics sessions not match

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I rest my case
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your quick response.

Does anyone have experience how to fix the redirect issue? We use Wordpress with Enfold theme and Lets Encrypt SSL.