Analytics
6.3K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Adwords and Analytics tracking issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am working on a couple of sites - one US based, one UK based. We have one Adwords account with both US and UK Campaigns, but two Analytics accounts. I want to only see UK specific Adwords data in my UK account (same applies to US) currently I can see both lots of Adwords data in both Analytics accounts.

Any help would be much appreciated?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Victoria T
April 2016

Re: Adwords and Analytics tracking issue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi
if you have a US site and a UK site and you want to have the data be measured separately in a GA account or property for UK and a GA for US
then you will need to either
a, send all the data to both GA's and filter there (you have said you do not want to do this)
b, have a separate adw account for each site so you can then link 1adw-1ga with no chance of extra data or overlap
is that what you wanted to know?
if you do want a way to 'roll-up' the data in toa single view then you may wish to have
1 ga account for US & a 2nd ga account for UK + a 3rd ga account for 'both'
with universal GA yopu can have more than one GA on a site without interference
so then you will have a US+UK roll up account

View solution in original post

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You can simply add a segment in GA to see the required reports.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks but I'm looking to fix the root issue, it's not that I can't filter out the 'incorrect' data, but I'd like to have the right Adwords data within the right Analytics account view if that makes sense?

Thanks

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You can create separate GA properties and use them.

But please note GA data can't be exported from one property to another.
Also GA configurations do not work on already stored data, they only work on incoming data moving forward.

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, so my original question, was so how do I prevent UK Adwords data showing in US Analytics profile and vice versa?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Sorry we have two separate GA accounts but they are pulling in both UK and US Adwords data - this means that a keyword which exists in both US and UK Adgroups shows an aggregated result - cost etc, and whilst I can go to Adwords and filter to find the costs, what have I done incorrectly to allow both sets of data in both UK GA and US GA? DO I need two separate Adwords accounts?

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Victoria T
April 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi
if you have a US site and a UK site and you want to have the data be measured separately in a GA account or property for UK and a GA for US
then you will need to either
a, send all the data to both GA's and filter there (you have said you do not want to do this)
b, have a separate adw account for each site so you can then link 1adw-1ga with no chance of extra data or overlap
is that what you wanted to know?
if you do want a way to 'roll-up' the data in toa single view then you may wish to have
1 ga account for US & a 2nd ga account for UK + a 3rd ga account for 'both'
with universal GA yopu can have more than one GA on a site without interference
so then you will have a US+UK roll up account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the help David, that's great, just what I was after.

:-)