3.4K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

Adwords Data In GA Not Matching Actual AdWords Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

In the AdWords section of my Google Analytics account, a vastly lower number of conversions are being reported than what is reported in the corresponding AdWords account. The correct clicks, cost, CPC, etc. are all pulling in exactly the same, just not the conversions.

The way I'm tracking them:

In Adwords - tracking a destination URL through Google Tag Manager - Adwords conversions is firing on Page URL contains /example

In Google Analytics - Begins with

Could this be the issue? I'd hate to change it and mess something up if it's not, but it seems like by the logic, both should work.

Any thoughts on what this could be?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Adwords Data In GA Not Matching Actual AdWords Data

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-))
There are a number of differences between adwords conversions and ga goals or ecommerce transactions
There is a handy table with article in the help docs detailing the differences which can be found here:

eta.. also how do your page urls display in the pageview report?
do you have a filter in place that changes how urls are reported, so it gets reported as or does GA see the page in the reports as /example
(usually the reporting doesnt include the domain . just the request URI - the part of the url

that comes after the domain name)
So you may possibly need to change the goal from begins with to contains as well - it

depends on your configuration of GA

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here