Analytics
5.7K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Adding Adwords Account Not associated with Analytics Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I currently manage an AdWords campaign for my client under my account manager.  I am trying to add that account to the client's Analytics account.

The client already has an Adwords Express account (not running currently) associated with their analytics account, and I am authorized on the Analytics account to manage it, but I can't figure out how to add the Adwords account I manage to his Analytics account as the only property that shows up as "eligible" is the adwords express account.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Maria Gallery

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Two Moons Networks C
August 2016

Re: Adding Adwords Account Not associated with Analytics Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Maria,

My guess is this could be a permissions issue. Do you have your AdWords MCC login added as an admin in the Analytics account?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Two Moons Networks C
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Maria,

My guess is this could be a permissions issue. Do you have your AdWords MCC login added as an admin in the Analytics account?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am on the account as an administrator along with the business owner. Analytics won't give me any option to add any other account other than his old AdWords Express account.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"
-Ian Maclaren

Maria G

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Maria,

When you go to create a link in Analytics, if all the permissions are correct, you should see all AdWords accounts that you currently have access to for that particular login.

I can't look myself to ensure that you do have the proper level access to all accounts involved here. Please double check and follow the steps outlined here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

-Tommy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy-

I didn't change any of the settings I previously described, but when I logged into the same Analytics account I was given the option to add the account I manage under my MCC credentials. Maybe it just took some time for it to update, though four days seems like a long time.

Either way, I was able to link the AdWords Account to the Analytics account for the client.

I much appreciate your assistance and your response.

Thanks,

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"
-Ian Maclaren

Maria G

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Glad it worked out for you!

-Tommy