Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

AdWords says people clicked on my Ad, but Analytics isn't showing any data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I recently set up an Adwords ad for a client, and I am seeing that about 4 people clicked on the ad yesterday and 3 people clicked on it today. When I go to Analytics however, it isn't showing that the website received any traffic the last few days. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it? Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

No traffic in the last few days, that's weird. Is Google Analytics installed properly on the website? You can check using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension. Let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. I did that, and two of the three tags were green, and one was yellow because "parameter for customer dimension 37 is too long." The Analytics seems to be installed properly though, as I have gotten data in the past. For some reason it just randomly stopped a few days ago. I can also see that AdWords is connected to it properly as well. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually, I just thought of something. Are users who close the site right after opening it (bounce rate) included in the results for daily users, sessions, views, etc.? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, they are included in the reports. Do you have any filters set up on the view you are looking at? Incorrectly configured filters can block all the data. It's a best practice to always have an unfiltered view.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital