Analytics
672 members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

AdWords/Analytics API - How do I insert on Google Sheets the COUNTRY flag on a row container?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a client with an international property. He wants better reports to the CEO. I developed a API solution that automates ~20 analytics properties across multiple domains and product types then formatted to "Save as PDF", he likes this. But he wants it to print to PDF the country flags. Manually putting country flags in each market is a pain. How do I automate FLAGS in an adjacent cell using a grab country flag formula?

Basically, he wants to compare country to qualified leads (businesses who answer yes to each qualifying question), but make it "prettier" with country flags for CEO / Investor / board meetings.

How do I insert on Google Sheets the COUNTRY flag on a row container?

For example (Dummy Data Substituted)

Filter: Source / Medium = google / cpc - 90 days

Country | ISO | {flag} | Sessions| Users | Bounce | Page Views | Time on site | Pre-qualified Leads | Lead Rate | Notes

CountryCountry ISO Code SessionsUsersBounce RatePages / SessionAvg. Session DurationPre-qualified LeadsLead RateNotes
United KingdomGB{flag}70,00054,00069.74%1.757.662250.32%UK LP test is improvement compared to March 2016
United StatesUS{flag}57,00018,00065.15%2.159.151580.28%Need to revert USA LP back to original state before February 2016
GermanyDE{flag}10,5009,80074.11%1.437.1670.07%Terible conversion rate, must improve German Ads and LP Content

... etc

Where {Flag} would represent country flag. Each row occupies approx width of two row slots.

Thanks!

MT

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michae T
July

Re: AdWords/Analytics API - How do I insert on Google Sheets the COUNTRY flag on a row container?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

this is more of a Google Sheets question but basically:
Create a new sheet and use 2 columns
Column 1 Country name
Column 2 =IMAGE("https://www.google.com/images/srpr/logo3w.png", 4, 50, 100) where the source of the img will be added based on the Column one Country

Once you have that filled in do a VLOOKUP in the column inside your main report and that is it.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michae T
July

Re: AdWords/Analytics API - How do I insert on Google Sheets the COUNTRY flag on a row container?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

this is more of a Google Sheets question but basically:
Create a new sheet and use 2 columns
Column 1 Country name
Column 2 =IMAGE("https://www.google.com/images/srpr/logo3w.png", 4, 50, 100) where the source of the img will be added based on the Column one Country

Once you have that filled in do a VLOOKUP in the column inside your main report and that is it.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ditto Zorin!

I was totally oblivious to the =IMAGE() formula, I've been using this for years and now my mind is blown.

Thank you!