Analytics
2.6K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing

Guide Me
star_border

Ab testing: Split traffic from Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have two landing pages in the AB Experiment under Google analytics. Under the advanced option in the settings, I have also selected the option of equally distributing the traffic to both the landing/ testing pages. Here is my question:

Suppose, at the same time, I am running Google ads & other social media ads, And all of the ads have the landing. final URL to one of the pages (the original page) in the AB experiment. I want to know that is google going to split the traffic generated from different sources like Adwords and social media as well to the two different landing pages which are part of the AB testing?

Re: Ab testing: Split traffic from Adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amar,

GA would be able to differentiate the two sources Adwords and Social Media if you properly tag the URL of the landing page. You can use this tool called URL builder https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en to specifically state the campaign source/campaign medium

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have already done that...
Just wanted to ask that is GA going to split all the traffic generated from different sources like Ads, social media etc. to the two landing pages under experiment? Or just GA splits the traffic from the organic sources not the direct traffic?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@Amar s

When your experiment end, then you can able to see result for both landing pages which you use in split testing.