3.5K members online now
Discuss discrepancies between AdWords and Google Analytics data, linking AdWords and Google Analytics, importing your goals/Ecommerce transactions into AdWords, and setting up Remarketing
Guide Me

143 Clicks in Adwords in one week, only 1 Session in Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a small business, and at the moment I am having real issues with my google advertisement campaign. We made our website on wix. Our landing pages are simple home pages.

In Adwords campaign 'setting' I have made changes so that my Ad is only visible in Edmonton, AB, Canada since we want our campaign/ads to be visible only in Edmonton, AB, Canada area.

Now, in our Adwords I see(and being charged $) for 143 clicks which I assume are from Edmonton, Canada only since that is the setting. On the other hand, when I go to Analytics - it has recorded 16 sessions in last 1 week and ONLY 1 session from Canada. I understand the difference between clicks and sessions, but since my campaign settings is to show my add only in Edmonton(Canada) and there has been only 1 session for 143 clicks in Canada. How is that possible? 

We are not getting any business from google at the moment because who know who is clicking on our ads from wherever.

We are a small business and cannot afford to lose so much money in this fashion.

Please guide. 

Edmonton, AB

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 143 Clicks in Adwords in one week, only 1 Session in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mike,

you'll find answers there:
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan