Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

wordpress traffic as direct traffic

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is it true that GA displays wordpress traffic as direct traffic ? What if i want it to be shown as referral traffic

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jackspwter
April 2016

Re: wordpress traffic as direct traffici

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

By the way, I have a wordpress.org referral showing in my analytic reports, so to answer your original question, No, it is not true that ALL wordpress traffic appears as direct.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Re: wordpress traffic as direct traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your question needs clarification. What do you mean by 'wordpress traffic'? Traffic FROM wordpress.com/org TO your site? Or traffic into YOUR wordpress.com website? Or traffic from a wordpress discussion/support forum TO your site?
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I mean traffic from wordpress. Com to my site. It can be from. Co. Or. Org wordpress platform

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Referrals in Google Analytics depend on the sending website passing along the page reference that the browser was looking at. Some sites like Facebook hide the actual page detail, and others strip everything out. If wordpress is in that category, then it would be possible that the visits would appear as direct. Other things the user does can also affect this. It is not a problem with Googless Analtr--it is how any web analytics product would report. They can on,your show the data they have access to.

The only way to get around that behavior is to tag the links on the site with the utmost codes.https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jackspwter
April 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

By the way, I have a wordpress.org referral showing in my analytic reports, so to answer your original question, No, it is not true that ALL wordpress traffic appears as direct.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Mile for your insights !