AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

what is the problem with Analytics goals and E-commerce sales performence in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In my analytic account goals are tracking every orders from website. but coming to e-commerce sales performance, the data is not matching to goals. 'i checked everything what i knew but i can't find the reason.
looking for the reply,

Thanks,

Bhargav

1 Expert replyverified_user

what is the problem with Analytics goals and E-commerce sales performence in Google Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Goals and ecommerce transactions are not the same

They can both require up to 72hrs for processing before showing in the reports.
Also multiple transactions can occur within the same session, however a goal will only

register as a goal conversion once during the same session.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Bronwyn.

But the main problem is the actual orders are not matching with GA orders, there was so much difference.

i thought the problem is GA code is not tracking every order.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
If i am misunderstanding the issue, sorry.
GA is not designed to track 'everything'. eg it wont track ppl that have opted out of GA tracking or that are blocking images, js or cookies.. there are other instances where it wont track either. 
Having said that. is there any sort of pattern to what is not being tracked. does it seem to be missing transactions made via a particular device or browser.. 
Is it happening for particular products.. have you checked if there may be unescaped special characters in product names or something, that might be preventing the ecommerce tracking from tracking it correctly. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: what is the problem with Analytics goals and E-commerce sales performence in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

There is no problem with product names. The orders from payment gateways like payU are not tracking. This is something what I found.

Is there any problem if I put thank you page url as "payU" insted of "payu" in goal setting?

Thank you

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Do you have a GA View for testing created? You could setup a goal in the Test View in the way you are suggesting to test it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have already setup GA View.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Yes.. however if you have one that is specifically for testing, you can setup a goal in it using the different configuration you asked about and test to see if it behaves the way you expect/want
If it does.. then you can change the goal in your proper reporting view(s)
Testing it in a view just for testing wont mess up your other main report data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will try Bronwyn.

Thank you so much.