Analytics
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

using GA for insights only - not tracking.

R f
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
R f
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello, 

i am looking for an analytics tool for my mobile apps. i do not want to collect user level information, (as my app is directed to children). Rather, i would like internal app analytics - how long a user spends on each page of the app, what they click on, bounce rates etc. I do not want any complex tracking as again the app is directed to children. 

Does GOOGLE ANALYTICS HAVE A CAPABILITY THAT DOES THIS? (for example, can i implement the analytics features, but not the tracking features?)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: using GA for insights only - not tracking.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi R F,

Google Analytics (GA) displays data in aggregate. In most cases individual user level reporting is not available and it's also a violation of the terms of service to pass in anything personally identifiable.

In your case I would feel very comfortable in recommending GA with the following caveats: Do not use a USER ID view, do not opt into to display advertising features or remarketing and do not pass anything that is personally identifiable.

You'll have aggregate data on your users counts, how long they spend in session, screen depth, what screens they are using, how the app is installed, version reports and also crash reports, etc..

Hope that helps.

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn