AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

trying to determine the business value of sections within a site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with a large site with about 200 sections, or folders within it. I'm trying to assess the relative contribution each section of the site makes to the business. I have monetized goals set up, and use page value to identify the most valuable pages. What I'm wondering is:

1. can page value can be extrapolated to represent a rough measure of total goal value by multiplying page value by number of pageviews?
  2. if yes, then would summing up the this measure for all pages within a folder, give me a rough measure of goal value for the site section, which I can then use to compare folder to folder?

I tried this approach and it gives numbers that make sense when I assess the results using my understanding of the business. I am, however, a bit wary about generating false results by using a metric in a way it was not originally intended.

Thoughts? Feedback will be most appreciated.

Alan