Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

trying to determine the business value of sections within a site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with a large site with about 200 sections, or folders within it. I'm trying to assess the relative contribution each section of the site makes to the business. I have monetized goals set up, and use page value to identify the most valuable pages. What I'm wondering is:

1. can page value can be extrapolated to represent a rough measure of total goal value by multiplying page value by number of pageviews?
  2. if yes, then would summing up the this measure for all pages within a folder, give me a rough measure of goal value for the site section, which I can then use to compare folder to folder?

I tried this approach and it gives numbers that make sense when I assess the results using my understanding of the business. I am, however, a bit wary about generating false results by using a metric in a way it was not originally intended.

Thoughts? Feedback will be most appreciated.

Alan