Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

tracking newsletter sign up AND purchase?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi guys, 

I set up goals in a funnel with the following path:

customer lands on an article >>> customer signs up with an email to get a free file >> thank you page for downloading the free file

My question is this. I also want to know how many of these people that have downloaded the free file (document) end up coming back to the site to purchase a product. Do i simply set the thank you page for the purchase as the last part of the funnel? Thanks!

Re: tracking newsletter sign up AND purchase?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
You can pass their email to the tracking code if they sign in again. You can also ask during the purchase process if they downloaded the free software and/or you can manually compare the two lists of downloads and purchase.

Re: tracking newsletter sign up AND purchase?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Hoang, i appreciate the response.

Actually, a customer doesn't 'sign in' since it's not a membership site. Right now, the last part of the funnel is the thank you page for subscribing by email to get the document. I can see all the different parts of the funnel. However, if i make a 'sale' with the 'thank you page' for the sale as the last part of the funnel, will analytics remember this person if they leave the site and come back to the site in the near future?

Otherwise, if it doesn't, I wouldn't know if the sale was made from a customer that downloaded the document. I hope that makes sense. Thanks!