Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

"All Goals" numbers are way too high.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of our clients has 3 goals set up. The first shows 2 as a result, the second shows 1, the last has 0. So all three goals currently show 3 as a result. Been when I choose All Goals under Conversions, the resulting number is 1,493. Why is this happening and where is All Goals pulling the info from so we can prevent it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "All Goals" numbers are way too high.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Check to see if any other goals were configured (and maybe even deleted/turned off since). In the standard reports for Conversions > Goals click the drop down for Goal at the top to see if there is a forgotten goal that is still actively collecting something.

Finally, if you are using a long timeframe with high traffic site (and low goal count), sampling can wreck havoc on the numbers. Shorten the time frame and see if the problem reduces or goes away.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.