Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

.news domain is an invalid property url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can't add analytics to one of my clients site with the .news domain. Anyone can help me here? metabolism.news is the domain

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: .news domain is an invalid property url

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

If it is a warning, you can proceed anyways.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply but It wont let me go to the next step when I click the "Get tracking ID" button. are there any specific domain restrictions and rules?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Charlie G,

Please double check that you have the correct permissions to add/edit the property (although if you were able to create it, then it shouldn't be a problem). I tried adding that property to a test property (under the "Default URL", and I did not received any errors. AFAIK, there shouldn't be any restrictions to the "Default URL" field in the Property Settings". Please also check that you are in fact adding it to the correct field.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn