Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

importing historical transactions into GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm consulting for a shop built on shopify platform that recently enabled GA tracking, but would like to move the historical transaction data into GA.

So far I've found out that the import via datasets is meant for additional data for already existing transactions, but the Measurement Protocol is intended for real-time measurements (the reference for "Queue Time" states that records with queue time longer than 4 hours may not be processed), even if the historaical data could be mapped to the Measurement Protocol quite easily.

Is there another approach I have missed?

So far the only alternative seems to be using a BI tool and set it up to read data from both GA and the historical data in shopify platform

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gunārs S
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

There is no way to import historical data into Google Analytics.  Check out the Shopify connector for Microsoft BI - https://apps.shopify.com/power-bi-connector  - this is probably going to be your best route.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gunārs S
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

There is no way to import historical data into Google Analytics.  Check out the Shopify connector for Microsoft BI - https://apps.shopify.com/power-bi-connector  - this is probably going to be your best route.