Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

ignore goals coming from landing pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up a goal conversion once a user gets to a specific page on my website; however, this specific page is also used as a landing page for a marketing campaign. Any idea how to exclude goal conversions that come from a specific source-like cpc?

Re: ignore goals coming from landing pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nancy,

It sounds like this landing page is a mid step in your conversion funnel and you may want to measure the conversion rate to this landing page from sources other than cpc. If so, you can use organic/direct segments along with other reports to find out the specific source goal conversion rate. Think again if it's really necessary to create a specific goal for one dimension -- it can make things more complicated in other ways.

Now, to answer your question, you can add parameters to your destination url, basically creating another layer.
For example, use begin with /landingpage/?a=1 as your goal destination url.

Redirect  /landingpage/ to  /landingpage/?a=1.

And set your final url in adwords campaigns http://www.mysite.com/landingpage/?a=0

Best,

Marko