AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

ignore goals coming from landing pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up a goal conversion once a user gets to a specific page on my website; however, this specific page is also used as a landing page for a marketing campaign. Any idea how to exclude goal conversions that come from a specific source-like cpc?

Re: ignore goals coming from landing pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nancy,

It sounds like this landing page is a mid step in your conversion funnel and you may want to measure the conversion rate to this landing page from sources other than cpc. If so, you can use organic/direct segments along with other reports to find out the specific source goal conversion rate. Think again if it's really necessary to create a specific goal for one dimension -- it can make things more complicated in other ways.

Now, to answer your question, you can add parameters to your destination url, basically creating another layer.
For example, use begin with /landingpage/?a=1 as your goal destination url.

Redirect  /landingpage/ to  /landingpage/?a=1.

And set your final url in adwords campaigns http://www.mysite.com/landingpage/?a=0

Best,

Marko