Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

icon/link analytics issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I keep getting a #1 traffic source labeled as "icon/link" with no channel grouping associated and the landing page is the homepage.  For the life of me i can't figure out where this traffic is coming from.  Has anybody seen this before?icon.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: icon/link analytics issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alice,
Unfortunately, this looks like a new version of the referral/direct/unknown bot spam bot.
Here's a good thread on this issue: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Referral-Spam-Traffic/Invalid-Bot-Traffic-from-Chrome-Bros...

Unfortunately, this problem is absolutely plaguing Google Analytics users (and has been for about a year) with no end in sight. It impacts small websites more because there's less noise for it to get lost in. The only way to stop this is to be proactive with filters and only use a "clean" segment when looking at reports. Defeats the purpose of GA I know, but that's all I have for you at the minute.

There is some sticky threads in this forum on applying these filters so I wont repeat the instructions here.

Re: icon/link analytics issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you