Analytics
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

how to track that the client request was confirmed when user is already offline

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good day I have a system where users registers a request an leaves the site. After, our back-office operator confirms or denies the request. This time our user is offline. I would like to track and analyse the event of confirmation together with other conversion events to be able to see what advertisement channel provides me with more positive requests.

I am the developer of the site, so I can implement anything there. Maybe there is some way to store the key of google session and then manually send it to the server, or do something else to achive this goal.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andro G
July 2016

Re: how to track that the client request was confirmed when user is already offline

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andro,

Yes, you can capture the client ID from the _ga cookie and when the request is confirmed you can send the data to Google Analytics using the measurement protocol.

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/

GA will associate the data with the user based on the client ID.

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andro G
July 2016

Re: how to track that the client request was confirmed when user is already offline

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andro,

Yes, you can capture the client ID from the _ga cookie and when the request is confirmed you can send the data to Google Analytics using the measurement protocol.

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/

GA will associate the data with the user based on the client ID.

Let me know if you have questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Arnold thank you for you answer. I have implemented the system and successfully sending the data to the GA. But now I have a problem that only around 15% of my user registrations have _ga cookie. In the same time somehow google still process such cases successfully. What is the reason of such behavior? do they all have cookies turned off?? and why google analytics still works correctly and shows that sessions too? what workaround can be used?
thanks
Andro

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Andro,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm just back from my vacation.
Please check this excellent post from Simo Ahava below about retrieving the client ID:
http://www.simoahava.com/analytics/improve-data-collection-with-four-custom-dimensions/#2
Hope it helps.