AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

google funnels tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,,

So here's my issue, I'm trying to track an internal funnel on my website. it start from a banner/ MPU     (an Event) and it lead the user to new page then other page , etc...

I'm trying to set goal on analytics that is a mix between events and URLs,,Can I do that or it's impossible on analytics ??

Also I'm sending emails to a list of users that will contain a link to specific page  and I need to see how many users will complete the targeted funnel... will it work if i added a certain parameters on the link that will take the users to the page in my website ??  and Can I track it using goals in GA ??

google funnels tracking

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

> I'm trying to set goal on analytics that is a mix between events and URLs,,Can I do that or it's impossible on analytics ??

This is not possible in the free Analytics, but is easy to do in Analytics 360 with custom funnels. A possible workaround would be to send the banner click as a virtual pageview instead of an event in which case you'd be able to setup a funnel.

> will it work if i added a certain parameters on the link that will take the users to the page in my website ??

Yes, what you're looking for is UTM tagging. Please see the official documentation on custom campaign tracking:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033863?hl=en&ref_topic=1032998

google funnels tracking

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Lina,

Yes you can setup goal with events and pages. Fire virtual pages on events and use them as funnel paths.

You can include a particular query parameter in email page links and track goal conversion on basis of pagepath along with that parameter. e.g setup goal conversions on /thankyou.html?email=xyzcampaign

hit like if this help

kind regards

Noman Karim