AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

goal setup options disabled

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can click on 'add new goal' and it shows the list of templates, but all the radio buttons are greyed out. If I click the 'continue' button at the bottom then I get the error message "Please choose a specific Goal template type. ", but I can't select one, because as I say all the buttons are greyed out. I have all the admin privileges like edit etc., and I have the industry set (arts and entertainment). Can anyone shed any light on what I might be missing, or why this is happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian H
December 2015

Re: goal setup options disabled

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Sometime it happens.Check out 1- days later.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian H
December 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Sometime it happens.Check out 1- days later.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Soumik, now I have a second problem, I see 'accept as solution' checked, but did not mean to do that, and can't see how to uncheck it! I still have the problem!!

I still have the problem with 'goal setup options disabled'. Actually its been happening for some time, more than a week, its just that day I gave up trying different settings and ask for help. its still the same and VERY frustrating not to see the options there but cannot select any of them. Tearing my hair out trying to find what setting or what thing is causing the options to be disabled. Any help much appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Now I try to uncheck 'accept as solution', but find now I nominate your answer as 'best answer' as well! Not used to these controls at all! Sorry Soumik. Would like to get some more help on my problem.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Brain ,
Just do one thing.Make a copy of your existing view.Now try to implement the goal in that new view.

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Soumik,

I tried that just now, unfortunately it did not work. In the copy the goal options are disabled same. Any other ideas?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
In the time of creating account,, edit your property, select an Industry Category, and save your changes.
Please do these steps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes done that, several times in fact, and re-did it again just now. industry shows as Arts and Entertainment. Still cannot make goal. Any other ideas?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Can u share me the domain you are tracking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭