Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

follow goal completions after visiting a specific page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My original question was posted here, but is now locked out so I'm posting in this new forum:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/analytics/ktie08v-Lhk

Without writing everything out again, all I want to do is to work out how many goals were triggered after a visitor passed through a specific page on my site.

I can see this when I select it as a landing page, but not if I select all visitors to the page.

Is there a way of going back through my data and creating some sort of filter to show this? And also, how would I do this?

Many thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: follow goal completions after visiting a specific page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Richard,

if your page has been landing page for the user sessions you see the number of goal completions within these sessions. The point is that goals are primarily defined with sessions.

If your page was not the first page in the user sessions it can't be combined with actual goal completion metrics in Analytics. Instead, there is another metrics, page value, which gives you a kind of percentage of sessions which lead to conversions-in terms of the goal value. So if your goal value is 100$ and your page was involved in reaching the goal in 50% of the sessions containing that page it has 50$ page value.

Hope that helps (a bit),

Christoph