Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

events flow chart -> pages and events -> how to pick a random website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've got many webpages in my website and I'd like to pick a specific one and track pages and events chart. There is a way to pick webpage from a list, but my webpage is not on that list (many webpages are missing there). Is there a way to pick the webpage I want to track?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: events flow chart -> pages and events -> how to pick a random website

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Maciej C

If you want to use the flow reports to find one page all you need to do is to click on a (any page at all) node and then select "explore traffic through here".

ss userflow explore.png

Once the next screen draws, just select the pencil icon and you can define the new node any way you like. That is, you can add an expression to define the page you want to explore.

ss user flow define node.png

Happy analyzing!

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much, but I dont want to analyse page flow chart, but events
flow chart - there's no pencile icon there.

Maciej C

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specific or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Maciej,

There didn't used to be but there is now - that is in the events flow. That is, you can define a type of event (Cat, Action, Label) that you want to inspect more closely.

If you're trying to track events on a particular page then you could pass the page in a label but this only let's you see event and not pageviews. I think you're getting to the behavior flow report where you have events and pageview nodes mixed and, as you say, really does not allow for node definition. Also that correlates with your description of not being able to see the page in the drop down. You can; however, perhaps create a segment that includes the page for which you want to analyze. If you have enough traffic and mix of pageviews and events in those sessions the behavior flow report with the Pages and Events selection should give you what you want.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn