Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

eCommerce Tracking for multiple currencies for one website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

One of my client is selling products in UK/USA and AU. Now he wants to setup ecommerce tracking for all three currencies into google analytics.

Please revert me with the best suitable way to track.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nile

1 Expert replyverified_user

eCommerce Tracking for multiple currencies for one website.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Nile, 

Analytics E-Commerce tracking is based on a 'global' currency which is USD currency. But, Analytics allows for what is called 'local currencies' which is essentially multiple currencies. To apply this you must do the following: 

#1 Load the Analytics e-commerce plugin (see doc below) (I'm assuming you have e-commerce tracking in place)

#2 Make sure your e-commerce tracking specs are in place. (I'm assuming you've done this as well)

#3 To insert a local currency inside your e-commerce data set your code to populate the Currency section of the e-commerce tracking with the local currency, in your case (AUD and GBP) when people select a currency on your website 

See the documentation below for details: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/ecommerce#multicurrency 

Let me know if this answers your question! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’