AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

eCommerce Not Working on Checkout > New URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help.

Analytics tracking is working throughout the website, however eCommerce tracking is not working on the checkout.

The checkout process takes the user of the page from www.example.com/cart to a different URL once the 'Checkout' button is complete. This is because a 3rd party handle our checkout and fulfillment.

I have entered the eCommerce analytics code into the header of all URL pages in the checkout, including 3rd party, but no eCommerce data is showing in Analytics.

How do I go about getting this corrected?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: eCommerce Not Working on Checkout > New URL

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Possibly a stupid question, but has a developer been involved? You need to dynamically add the values of the transaction to the transaction code, and only on the thank-you page (which can be on your website, thus avoiding any issues with the 3rd party site). You may find, depending on the supplier, that there is some form of inbuilt integration with GA.
John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: eCommerce Not Working on Checkout > New URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John,

Thank you for your responses.

A developer who works for the fulfillment centre for which the checkout works for has been involveded yes.

I do believe the Thank You Page is also hosted on their servers, thus it goes through to the 3rd party site.

Is there a format / webpage which explains the above you have posted and the process in which to work through regarding those dynamic values?

Thanks in advance