Analytics
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

duration goal setup, dropdown menu bug, only "greater than"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set up a goal to measure visitors who are able to enter and exit the site quickly. A sub 5 minute time on site. I was planning on doing this through a duration>"less than" 5m goal. But when I follow the prompts I get this (photo). There is no option except "greater than" in the menu. This is consistent over the past week. Is there a workaround? Will it get fixed?

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 2.53.21 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: duration goal setup, dropdown menu bug, only "greater than&qu

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
To the best of my knowledge, its not ever had the option of less than.

For what you are trying to do it is possibly better to create a segment.
Keep in mind, for visitors that do not visit a 2nd page, unless there is some other form of engagement hit being fired too, they will also register as 0 time on site
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: duration goal setup, dropdown menu bug, only "greater than&qu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Bronwyn, I will try using a segment for this.

But there does seem to at one point have been another option, these folks certainly refer to a "less than" option and I am sure I saw another reference to it when I was searching.

<https://blog.kissmetrics.com/critical-goal-types/>

ah well, maybe they deleted this feature. But then why leave the menu? Why delete the option? Smiley Sad