Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox - how to add as an organic search source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to add com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox as an organic search source. I believe this referral is to do with the Google search app on android phones, but feel that it should be part of my organic traffic.

I'm running into difficulty getting it to work though as i can find an associated query parameter. We've tried tried “/”, “q”, “query”, but it's not working.

Has anyone managed to do this, or does anyone have some advice?

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jon D
May 2016

Re: com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox - how to add as an organic search source

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jon,

You are right this comes from the search apps in android 6.0, to move it to organic traffic you can create an advanced filter:

Filter Type: Custom > Advanced
Field A -> Extract A: ^com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox$
Field B -> Extract B: referral
Output To -> Constructor: organic

https://www.ohow.co/what-is-com-google-android-googlequicksearchbox-referral-google-analytics/

Hope it helps,
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jon D
May 2016

Re: com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox - how to add as an organic search source

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jon,

You are right this comes from the search apps in android 6.0, to move it to organic traffic you can create an advanced filter:

Filter Type: Custom > Advanced
Field A -> Extract A: ^com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox$
Field B -> Extract B: referral
Output To -> Constructor: organic

https://www.ohow.co/what-is-com-google-android-googlequicksearchbox-referral-google-analytics/

Hope it helps,
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Carlos - I'll give that a go.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, it works as to have the medium = organic. However, the Default Channel rule-based grouping will still see it as referral Smiley Sad

com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox - how to add as an organic search source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seeing this as well.  Any luck on overriding the default groupings to line this up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what happen to my phone.. every record they have a message from here.. what will i do to fix that...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what is com.google.android.googlequicksearch https://jagoankode.blogspot.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Carlos,

As you seem to have a good understanding of this referrer, do you also know why this referrer only appears in specific GA properties?

I discovered its existence only recently because it appears on none of my client or personal accounts so far. It's through a new client that I discovered this referrer.

Thank you for sharing your additional insights!

Frank