Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

click through rate to link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good day 

how to i measure the amount of traffic from my site - to another via the link i provide on my site? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: click through rate to link

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Little N,

I do not think this is the right forum for your question You should probably ask this question in the Analytics forum if you need more details.. but here's what I can help you with..

If you want to track the click on a link you may want to set up event tracking on the link, specially if you are taking people to a different domain.
If the page you are taking people to is a page on your own website, you will be able to chk traffic sources to that page.
For CTR, see the amount of traffic on page 1 and then the number of events on the link. this will be able to give you a CTR.

If you need it historically, you may get an approximate number by seeing the inpage analytics viewof the page.
Here are details for Inpage analytics - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2558811?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You will most likely need to install Analytics on your website. You can also link your analytics to your adwords account.

Hope this helps

- Stephen
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Little N,

I do not think this is the right forum for your question You should probably ask this question in the Analytics forum if you need more details.. but here's what I can help you with..

If you want to track the click on a link you may want to set up event tracking on the link, specially if you are taking people to a different domain.
If the page you are taking people to is a page on your own website, you will be able to chk traffic sources to that page.
For CTR, see the amount of traffic on page 1 and then the number of events on the link. this will be able to give you a CTR.

If you need it historically, you may get an approximate number by seeing the inpage analytics viewof the page.
Here are details for Inpage analytics - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2558811?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you so much

i did - link analytics to my site

but the link points to another site - shall this be done by adwords?

--
Little Nini

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Little Nini,

You will need to use event tracking with Analytics to sort this.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks sooo much - great help!!!

--
Little Nini