Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

analytics is working but ecommerce tracking isn't :-(

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok, I used to have this working back "in the old days," but have updated my code to the latest standards.. I can't get the ecommerce tracking code to work (I know a common problem) but using the ecommerce code diagnosis plugin for chome, it appears to me that it's sending this correctly.  Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot it?  How can I tell that it's reaching google & my analytics account (since zero data is coming up on the reports)?  

If you look at the screenshot from the GA tester plugin, the data it's capturing is all correct on this test transaction.  However, there's nothing in the ecommerce section of Google analytics reports... any help will be rewarded with cake & candy.

ga-test.jpg

and here's a nice screencap of the code I'm using (ok y'all don't laugh that the javascript has been encoded around classic ASP... it's quicker on IIS than .net IMHO)

code-snip.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason B
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason B I think this is a simple matter of sending the transaction itself - you basically add the trans and items but the info does not get sent. So once product loops are done just place this line of code and all should work as expected:

ga('ecommerce:send');
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason B
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason B I think this is a simple matter of sending the transaction itself - you basically add the trans and items but the info does not get sent. So once product loops are done just place this line of code and all should work as expected:

ga('ecommerce:send');
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Re: analytics is working but ecommerce tracking isn't :-(

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ahhh.. I think you're exactly right.  Now I'm seeing data being sent.  Thank you!!  I owe you a bundt cake, that is awesome.  It's weird I wonder if I missed that as the last step in the developer docs?  Thank you!!

ga-send.jpg