AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Yandex paid search tagging with utm tags

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We are trying to tag our paid search Yandex activity with the utm parameters but we don't get any data in GA from Yandex paid search. We are also using doubleclick tracking platform for revenue. We have managed to add the utm tags through a third party tool and URLs redirect fine, however we tried to search for an ad in Yandex and click on the landing page and see if the values are properly populated.

After the doubleclick redirect which works fine, we have the URL below. As you can see, the values for the source-type, campaign ID, banner id etc. are not populated with the specific values. So I believe this can be the reason why it’s not working. Could you please advise on how to troublechoot this issue or if you know cases where this works with Yandex? 

Example of an URL from live search: 

http://www.europcar.ru/deals/deals-in-western-europe/rent-a-car-in-western-europe?xtor=sec-1401-yan-...

Thank you for your help, 

Adriana

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Yandex paid search tagging with utm tags

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Adriana,

I see the parameters in your URL, they are encoded and there are some dynamic properties that are not present (banner_id and campaign_id) but the information is there and you should see this as cpc traffic from yandex.

You can look in the source/medium report or the campaigns report.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn