Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Wordpress Contact Form 7 Success Message stopped after event tracking set up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Members!

I have set up event and conversion tracking on my WordPress Contact Form 7, using GTM (Google Tag Manger) and on_sent_ok: "ga('send', 'event', 'category', 'action', 'label');" , code snippet.

Adding tracking code in form's additional settings, From Submit Success Message has stopped showing up. Though on positive side, I can successfully track the event and goal in Analytics.

Please help me figure out the solution!

Looking Forward..

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harsh P
June 2016

Re: Wordpress Contact Form 7 Success Message stopped after event tracking set up.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
I've had to correct this many times on sites I've 'inherited' - you need to push the completion to the data layer rather than an event to GA. Here is an excellent worked-out example using GTM and Contact Form 7 http://dcarlbom.com/google-tag-manager/contact-form-7-on-wordpress-with-gtm/#gref

View solution in original post

Re: Wordpress Contact Form 7 Success Message stopped after event tracking set up.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Harsh P :-))
For help with GTM setup/configuration issues and questions, probably best to ask on the Official GTM Help Forum
found here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/tag-manager

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harsh P
June 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
I've had to correct this many times on sites I've 'inherited' - you need to push the completion to the data layer rather than an event to GA. Here is an excellent worked-out example using GTM and Contact Form 7 http://dcarlbom.com/google-tag-manager/contact-form-7-on-wordpress-with-gtm/#gref

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for your reply. I asked this question here as GTM and GA are so connected with each other, sometimes we it is good to request solution on all participants platforms. And in Next comment, Phillip got that solution for me..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Phillip, thanks boss! This worked for me.

However, I had gone through 'SIMO's blog and, I remember myself jumping on the same page as you mentioned above. Though never tried it, As I thought Tag Manger has new Triggers for Form Submissions. Anyway this helped me certainly.

Thanks once again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Steps for Contact form 7 Conversion tracking:

1. Go to Plugins & search for Adwords Tracking Code
2. Click to install "Adwords Tracking Code"
3. Activate This
5. Add a new page with Thank You message and save with alias thank-you. Paste conversion code in box "Adwords Tracking Code" and save. 
6. Go to contact form 7 additional setting, paste and save :

on_sent_ok: "location.replace('http://www.xyz.com/thank-you');"
<\code>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need Help I'm try to add the following tracking code '(Google Tag Manger) and on_sent_ok: "ga('send', 'event', 'category', 'action', 'label');" , code snippet to a Caldera Form in WordPress; 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
This thread has been closed to new replies. 

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here