AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Wish get help for Set up the Goal Funnel Problem -Thanks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i met a problem when i set up the Goal Funnel. Wish i can get help from here.Thanks in advance. Here is my funnel url lists

Destination   http://www.mywebsite.com/thanks.asp  (which comes with order id like mywebsite.com/thanks=20150631)

here is the Goal screen shot with home page not required

homepage no require.jpg

Following is the report

homepage no require report.jpg

The following Picture is the report with the home required and other conditions are the same in the funnel.

with homepage2.jpg

So i used Regular Expression to make this Goal Funnel, but i had problem with the first step funnel. I used mywebsite\.com$ or http://www.mywebsite.com and / to express homepage. This three have problems. It could not get any visitors for first step. Is there any suggestion?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jacky w
March 2016

Re: Wish get help for Set up the Goal Funnel Problem -Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Jacky,

no, just look at your ordinary page report how your homepage is appearing there. If it's

/

then, as I stated above, you have to use

^/$

in the regular expression within goal definition. Otherwise, with '/' everything is counted because every page on your site presumably contains a '/'.

Christoph

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jackie,

• You don't need .* at the beginning or at the end of regular expressions
  • You have to specify your homepage as it appears in your page report – usually it's '/'. As regular expression, meaning that page only, you have to use ^/$. That means beginning - slash - end.
  • Regex for your thank-you page would be
       ^/thanks\.asp$      for /thanks.asp

and

^/thanks=      for pages like /thanks=20150631

Christoph

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christoph, thanks for your answer.  Now i specified my homepage as '/' in my Google Organic View  and the Funnel Goal is normal now.

12.jpg

Then i change my whole website funnel settings to the one in my Google Organic view below

23.jpg

It is strange that it has statistics for goal, but no data in the all funnel steps in following picture.

22.jpg

What is the problem?  Thanks in advance.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jacky w
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Jacky,

no, just look at your ordinary page report how your homepage is appearing there. If it's

/

then, as I stated above, you have to use

^/$

in the regular expression within goal definition. Otherwise, with '/' everything is counted because every page on your site presumably contains a '/'.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your patient answer. I have changed the first step . This time it is right?

33.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
all is ok now. Thanks Christoph.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Glad to hear!