Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Will referral exclusion of Paypal exclude the ecommerce data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting paypal as a referral with ecommerce data (Revenue) associated with it. If I add Paypal to referral exclusion list will it exclude that important Revenue data from coming through too?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rich C
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No, it prevents paypal being seen as the referrer when someone gets directed to paypal and then back

to the website.

which means the info for the original referrer that brought the visitor to the site does not get removed and lost 

and erroneously reported as paypal

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But I read in this post: https://www.optimizesmart.com/tracking-true-referrals-in-google-analytics-when-using-paypal-and-othe...

#4 Add PayPal.com to the referral exclusion list

But don’t do it in a hope that this will fix your PayPal referral issues and you will start tracking true referrals in Google Analytics when using PayPal. Adding paypal.com to the referral exclusion list will not help you track the original referrer.

Is this true?

What can be done if this is the case?