Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Why my prestashop stats and my google analytics account have such diferent data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a website developed with Prestashop, I installed de Ganalytics pluggin. My question is why there's a big difference between for example visits when I look in Analytics than when I look in Prestashop? Which one of the two should I trust the best?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why my prestashop stats and my google analytics account have such diferent data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You should disable all the stats modules in Prestashop while using GA module.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Definitely go with GA BUT with the caveat that your GA implementation is correct. Basic checks include that:

- GA code is present on all pages

- sub-domains and 3rd party payment sites are tracked

- you have an unfiltered view, as well as any other views in your GA property

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PrestaShop Native GA Module is present on all pages. The module doesn't have a setting to track sub-domains and 3rd party payment modules. So true about having an unfiltered view for total sessions. Still, she needs to disable most if not all the internal stat modules. They slow a site down.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

I mean that you can use your unfiltered view to check that visits are not being eliminated by a filter. Prestashop may also pick up visits from spam, robots etc that GA is not. Conversely, GA may be reporting spam.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.