Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Why isn't my tagged link showing up in campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used the URL builder to tag a URL for a marketing campaign that redirects to my site.  I've tested it out but there are still no campaigns or data listed in Google Analytics.  What am I doing wrong?

Re: Why isn't my tagged link showing up in campaigns?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Check if the IP address of the network that you're using to test is excluded from the reporting view in GA.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I checked and we have not filtered our IP address - so it is included in our data. Our analytics are picking up the traffic from my visit but there is still nothing under campaigns.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Did you try clicking on the marketing campaign and check the landing URL if this contains the UTM parameters (utm_source, utm_campaign) when you land on the site? If there's any redirect in between, then landing page might not contain the UTM parameters.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That may be the issue. Maybe you can walk me through where I"m missing a step. We have a Pardot landing page (with vanity URL and short URL) that redirects to our webpage. I have set up a tracking link and am using that as the link from the Pardot page to our site.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Can you share the links? Ideally, you need to append the GA UTM campaign tracking parameters on the landing page, not on the Vanity or shortened URL. For example, if your landing page is example.com/example.html and your vanity URL is example.com/example, then you'll fist add the GA UTM paramaters on landing page URL- example.com/example.html?utm_source=example&utm_medium=example&utm_campaign=example. Then you create the vanity / shortened URL for this long UTM tagged URL.

Also, check if you've GA tag on the pardot landing page.