Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Why does the number of Goal completions same across different (organic) landing pages?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I have set a Goal (destination page) in Google Analytics. I created an organic landing page report and added the Goal completion as one of the metrics. What I don't seem to understand is how so many landing pages are showing up the same Goal completion figures. It's strange and I'm sure I'm not looking at the accurate data.

What causes the different pages on my site to report the same Goal completions? I haven't set a funnel.

Thanks for your help!

Why does the number of Goal completions same across different (organic) landing pages?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Can you provide some examples:

- What are the exact dimensions, metrics and filters used in your custom report?

- What have you entered as the goal destination?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Philip!

Here's exactly what I've added: http://screencast.com/t/CarDoZ3mqtL

As for the Goal destination, it's a thanking page upon successful form completion. And here's how the final report looks: http://screencast.com/t/YejNol06q

Amjath

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Amjath,

Can you please try only with include landing page with reg exp..

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Amjath K

Yes, that does look strange - but it's not necessarily wrong. Are you observing the same pattern (i.e. many landing pages with different number of sessions, but same number of goal completions) on different date ranges? I guess, I'm asking if this could just be a coincidence?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Philip,

Yes, I can see even when I change the date range. Sometimes, the landing pages entrances also seem to be the same for pages in the lower bottom. Most of them show the same entrance figures like '15' or '10' or '3' - Is this how Google reports on pages without any remarkable significance (traffic)?