AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Why are my transaction numbers NOT equalling to my Volusion report

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm coming to find out that Google Analytics (GA) is not matching my Volusion Data.  As shown below, I am missing one transaction in GA yet it's there in my Volusion report.  Can someone explain to me the reasons why this would happen?  My guess is that that individual user did something in their internet browser settings. Looking forward to learning how to fix this.  Thanks for your time all! - ZachScreen Shot 2017-01-12 at 12.11.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-12 at 12.12.30 PM.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zach G
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The Google Analytics tracking script is located on the order receipt page of the ecommerce site and it is sending the transaction data to Google Analytics when it is loaded in the browser after a successful purchase. When for some reason the tracking script is unable to send the request to GA with the data the transaction will never appear in your reports. It can happen that the user closes the receipt page before the tracking code is fired, there can be additional resources on the page that delay the execution of the transaction code or the user has the GA opt out extension enabled. There can also be communication issues between your site and GA. I'd say that ~5% of missing transactions is acceptable. Hope this explains why you have missing transactions in GA.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zach G
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The Google Analytics tracking script is located on the order receipt page of the ecommerce site and it is sending the transaction data to Google Analytics when it is loaded in the browser after a successful purchase. When for some reason the tracking script is unable to send the request to GA with the data the transaction will never appear in your reports. It can happen that the user closes the receipt page before the tracking code is fired, there can be additional resources on the page that delay the execution of the transaction code or the user has the GA opt out extension enabled. There can also be communication issues between your site and GA. I'd say that ~5% of missing transactions is acceptable. Hope this explains why you have missing transactions in GA.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
There may not be anything to 'fix' if the user has (for example) chosen not to be tracked by Google Analytics.
Maybe you could use information from the Volusion Data and treat it as an "offline" conversion and import the information you need. Not sure how practicle it is, and not tried anything similar but the following articles may give you a good starting point and some food for thought
https://www.optimizesmart.com/tracking-offline-conversions-in-google-analytics/
http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2014/03/04/tracking-offline-transactions-universal-analytics/
https://www.distilled.net/resources/a-comprehensive-guide-to-tracking-offline-interactions-in-google...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I figured that was a possibility, but didn't realize that ~5% of transactions can be unaccounted for in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the Articles!