Analytics
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Why are my social conversions displaying different/mismatching numbers??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Google Community!

We are having some issues with getting the correct information on our social conversions. Here's the issue:

First we go to Acquisition -> Social -> Conversions and see the below:

Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 3.32.56 PM.png

I want to see sales specifically from Pinterest within this time frame, so I click on Pinterest:

Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 3.33.37 PM.png

Well we want to see a better break down of which pins generated the sales...so we click on Secondary dimension -> Acquisition -> Campaign:

Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 3.34.37 PM.png

And completely different numbers are displaying:

Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 3.35.13 PM.png

Can anyone explain to us which is the correct conversions, 9 sales or 49 sales?! Why are we getting two different numbers?! This is quite a large difference!! Any suggestions would help!

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why are my social conversions displaying different/mismatching numbers??

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Blowfish,

Hunch time here. The Social reports usually include data from social referrals or where the medium is manually set to social (utm_medium=social) so I suspect when you are asking for the secondary dimension of campaign, you are getting all mediums. Try adding in a secondary for medium and see if you get a match to the value before you drilled in.

For true numbers, I would use Acquisition>>All Traffic>> Source/Medium

Hope that helps, (sorry don't have time to check my own accounts Smiley Sad )

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn