AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Who can solve my reg-ex to include all collection pages in Goal Funnel Steps?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone please could help me with advice on my funnel. I am new to Google analytics and someone advised me to try Regex.

The collection step is not grouping all the pages as it should. Basically I would like all pages with the word collection to be grouped in the same step.

I am trying different set ups on different views, it is driving me crazy, who can solve this?

Thank you!!!Funnel help.jpg

Funnel help.jpgfunnel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christine k
June 2016

Re: Who can solve my reg-ex to include all collection pages in Goal Funnel Steps?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In all setups that you provided you forgot to "escape" "/" character. In regular expression slash is a special character that you need to escape with "\" if you want to use it as regular slash (like in URL). To make it more clear here is an example:

For goal that has URL path like "/checkout/thank_you" regular expression would be would be "\/checkout\/thank_you".

Try to "\/" every "/" that you have in the first setup you pasted on the screens and it should work just fine. Also for your Homepage you can try "^\/{1}$" but "^\/$" should be just fine.

If you're not sure I would strongly recommend using regexr.com. It's a simple yet great tool to test your regular expressions.

Please let me know if it worked for you. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christine k
June 2016

Re: Who can solve my reg-ex to include all collection pages in Goal Funnel Steps?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In all setups that you provided you forgot to "escape" "/" character. In regular expression slash is a special character that you need to escape with "\" if you want to use it as regular slash (like in URL). To make it more clear here is an example:

For goal that has URL path like "/checkout/thank_you" regular expression would be would be "\/checkout\/thank_you".

Try to "\/" every "/" that you have in the first setup you pasted on the screens and it should work just fine. Also for your Homepage you can try "^\/{1}$" but "^\/$" should be just fine.

If you're not sure I would strongly recommend using regexr.com. It's a simple yet great tool to test your regular expressions.

Please let me know if it worked for you. Good luck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
THANK YOU so much!!!!!!!:-)
I am extremely happy for your reply and excited to try out your solution!

Also, the site you recommended is extremely useful.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I'm glad that I could've helped Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It seems to be working perfectly!!!!Smiley Happy