Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Which goal will be counted as a conersation?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello!

Background

I have one question regarding the Goals. I have deleted all my Conversation Tracking in AdWords and instead i will use Google Analytics Goals to track my conversation, which I import into AdWords of course.

Scenario

I have two different Contact Pages which I am going to make a A/B Testing on using Google Analytics Experiments and also Count the Conversation with help of Goals.

Basically I have created Two Goals for each of the Contact Page as you can see in the picture. The Goal page is the "Thank you page" which the both Contact Forms on these Contact Pages redirects the user too if they successfully send a message to us.

My Question

If the user visits the Contact Page 1 and then Contact Page 2 and then from send a message to us using the Contact Form on Contact Page 2, will analytics count the Conversation as Goal 2 or as Goal 1 and Goal 2 which create twice the Conversation?

Or does it look at the last visited link/page before the customer got redirected to the Goal/Conversation page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Because the destination URL for both goals point to the same page, it will count one conversion for both the goals. If you include the "required" funnel step then within the visualisation you can see the funnel path for each seperate goal starting at contact page, however, the conversion will count for both as they both have the same destination URL.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Adam M Hi Adam and thank you for the answer. Does this mean that when I import those two goals to Adwords, Adwords will count them as 2 Conversations then? Because if that's the case, then I need to create a separate "Thank you page" for each of the Goal.